Old Baileys Harbor Bird Cage Lighthouse began operation in 1853 on a small island now known as Lighthouse Island, a small island along the eastern shore of the harbor. Baileys Harbor was named after Captain Justice Bailey, who took refuge in the U-shaped inlet after encountering an unexpected
Shoreline Charters offers scenic cruises and private charters of the Door Peninsula. Their 16- and 30-passenger boats will allow you up close views of lighthouses, shipwrecks and more. Cruises in Gills Rock depart from the Shoreline Marina at 12747 Highway 42
The Washington Island Ferry is a car ferry for transporting passengers and vehicles to and from the Door Peninsula mainland and Washington Island. It runs every day year-round, with more limited runs during the winter season. The ferry departs from Northport Pier (address listed
Ellison Bluff State Natural Area is a 174-acre park with high limestone cliffs that are part of the Niagara Escarpment. The Park has a walking trail that makes just over a one-mile loop and an overlook of Green Bay and Ellison Bay.