Washington Island Chamber of Commerce
2206 West Harbor Road
Washington Island, WI 54246
Washington Island offers visitors a wide variety of activities surrounded by the crystal blue water of Lake Michigan, in a friendly community, any time of year. Home here is a serene and safe harbor.
It’s also a place to ‘get out and play’ and rejuvenate your spirit. Fishing, boating and swimming in our pristine waters put the simple pleasures at your service. Reliving the island’s maritime or farming history through the our five museums and the lighthouse, put you in the moment of adventure on the great lake or in daily island life.
Our adventures include the celebration of the arts within the TPAC with award winning movies, plays and musical performances all through the year. New industries have made this place their home too and are supporting our richly talented (and tasty) artisan products.
Lodging for all pocketbooks is available for travelers of one or the whole family. Eateries provide local products in new and old ways, like our fresh fish, produce, beer and cider. You will experience a night sky so incredible that a telescope is not required.
Washington Island is our home and your destination for a life worth living. Welcome to Washington Island – Welcome to our Home!
- Enjoy over 80 miles of scenic views around the island.
- View the vast species of birds.
- Ride the ferry to and from Washington Island.
- Tour the Jackson Harbor Maritime Museum.
- Hike through Rock Island State Park.
- Enjoy a picnic at Percy Johnson County Park.
- Climb the stems to Mountain Park Lookout Park.
- Explore the Art and Nature Center.