City of Marinette
Marinette, WI 54143
Nestled on the banks of the Menominee River, the City of Marinette is also located on the shores of Lake Michigan’s Green Bay. Marinette and its sister city, Menominee, MI, are an outdoor lover’s paradise with some of the best fishing, boating, golfing, snowmobiling, and hunting opportunities in the Midwest.
Marinette is rich with history and culture, from the Marinette Logging and Historical Museum on Stephenson Island, to productions at UW-Marinette’s Theater on the Bay. Charming neighborhoods, quaint boutiques, and delightful antique stores await.
Numerous parks along with the Marinette Civic Center off er many recreational opportunities for outdoor enthusiasts. During warmer months, enjoy summer concerts that showcase some of the area’s best musical talent, and make sure to visit the Farmer’s Market, recently moved to Stephenson Island.
A busy deep-water harbor provides access to the Upper Midwest and central portions of the U.S., off ering plenty of business and recreational opportunities for those traveling by water vessel. Stop by and enjoy a small-town atmosphere with all the facilities and services of the big city
- Canoe and kayak the Menominee River.
- Snap a few shots of ice formations on the shore near the lighthouse.
- Ride the wild rapids or enjoy a waterfall tour.
- Take part in the annual salmon and smelt runs.
- Take a trip to Stephenson Island to explore the Heritage Museum.
- Walk along the Historic Riverside Avenue District.
- Fish and camp at Red Arrow Park.
- Plan a winery tour at Forgotten Fire or Falling Waters.