Tour a World War II tugboat! The tug participated in the D-Day invasion of Normandy by towing ammunition barges across the English Channel. It then assisted with harbor operations in Cherbourg, France until being sent to Plymouth, England until the end of the war. The Corps of Engineers transferred the tug to Kewaunee, WI in 1947 and renamed it the “Tug Ludington”.
Harbor Park, Downtown KewauneeIt is estimated that the Tug has hauled over 1 million tons of cargo. Tug Ludington now sits in Harbor Park in Downtown Kewaunee and is open to visitors from Memorial Day Weekend until Labor Day. The Tug is listed on the National and State Register of Historic Places. For questions or to book a large group, call Kewaunee City Hall at (920) 388-5000.