Originally constructed in 1849, the light station was rebuilt in 1860 and still stands today. The tower and lantern were removed in 1934. In 2002, a replacement tower was donated and built as a gift from Luxembourg. The current light station includes the lighthouse with lantern room and keeper’s living quarters. One special feature is the replica 4th order Fresnel found in the lantern room. Weekend tours are available by appointment. The tour allows guests to climb up to the lantern room, where the views do not disappoint.