- 5117 4th Ave, Kenosha, WI 53140
- +1 (262) 654-5770
The Southport Lighthouse was constructed in 1866 and remained functional until 1906, when it was replaced by taller light stations to the north and south. Preservation of the lighthouse began in 1989, and it is now listed on both the Wisconsin and National Register of Historic Places.
The lighthouse is part of the Southport Light Station Museum, which also includes a maritime museum in the adjacent 1867 historic lighthouse keeper’s home. Climb the lighthouse tower and tour the maritime museum, May through October.