The Anderson Arts Center is located on the Kemper Center grounds. The mansion, built between 1929 and 1931 by James and Janet Anderson, is over 9,000 square feet and has more than 30 rooms. The mansion contained many luxuries unusual for its day. The home became part of the Kemper Center in 1990 and opened as the Anderson Arts Center in 1992. It is now a full-service arts center featuring exhibits from local, regional and national artists. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.