Nestled on the banks of the Menominee River, the City of Marinette is also located on the shores of Lake Michigan’s Green Bay. Marinette and its sister city, Menominee, MI, are an outdoor lover’s paradise with some of the best fishing, boating, golfing, snowmobiling, and hunting opportunities in the Midwest.
Marinette is rich with history and culture from the Marinette Logging and Historical Museum on Stephenson Island to productions at UW-Marinette’s Theatre on the Bay. Charming neighborhoods, quaint boutiques, and delightful antique stores await.
Numerous parks along with the Marinette Civic Center offer many recreational opportunities for outdoor enthusiasts. During warmer months, enjoy summer concerts that showcase some of the area’s best musical talent, and make sure to visit the Farmer’s Market—recently moved to Stephenson Island.
A busy deep-water harbor provides access to the Upper Midwest and central portions of the U.S., offering plenty of business and recreational opportunities for those traveling by water vessel.
Stop by and enjoy a small-town atmosphere with all the facilities and services of the big city.
- Red Arrow Park - features a new pavilion and playground equipment, and acres of peninsula shoreline and public beach
- Stephenson Island - also sports a lovely new pavilion/band stage that is home to the Marinette Area Chamber of Commerce FREE Sunset Concert Series on Tuesday evenings during the summer, and the city's 4th of July activities.
- Marinette Marine - Coast Guard cutters and other large vessels are built here and can be viewed from several locations around the area.
- Three bridges - link Marinette to Menominee, Michigan in Michigan's Upper Peninsula.
- Theatre-on-the-Bay - located at UWMarinette's Herb Williams Theatre (phone (715) 735-4310 for performance schedules and tickets).
- Dunlap Square - in Marinette's downtown district is home to a variety of specialty shops and apartments.
- Marinette County Historical Museum - located on Stephenson Island features history of the logging industry.
- City Park & Civic Center - features a domed facility that holds an indoor tennis court, indoor ice rink in the winter months, an outdoor swimming pool, a new skateboard park, and acres of ball fields, trails, and picnic & camping facilities that boast a lovely pavilion.
- Fishing charters - contact Marinette Area Chamber of Commerce for information.
- Marinette County Parks, Waterfalls and Trails - Marinette County features 20 scenic county parks, many of which provide overnight camping, waterfalls attractions, and hiking trails.
- Annual Radar Runs/Fishoree - January, Runs open to snowmobiles, cycles, ATV's.
- Ice Fishing Derby - February, at Shakey Lakes County Park west of Stephenson, MI
- Annual Jack Dallman Memorial Fishing Tournament - April, Nestegg Marine. Catch and release fundraising tournament
- Waterfront Festival For Kids - June
- Sunset Concerts - July - August, Tuesday nights on Marinette Stephenson Island. Concerts are free and open to the public.
- Menominee Waterfont Festival - August
- Haunted Harmony - October, Harmony Arboretum, 7 miles west of Marinette on County Road E. Halloween fun for all ages complete with haunted forest trail, kids' fun area and refreshments.
The Best Fishing!
Fishing is excellent on both the Menominee River and Green Bay. Enter the Menominee River from Green Bay at the Menominee North Pier Lighthouse. You will find large and small mouth bass, walleye, sturgeon, and steelheads. The Bay is home to northern pike, splake, brown & rainbow trout, Chinook salmon, walleye and perch. Fishing tournaments are a common activity and known to bring in record catches. A new fish cleaning station at Boom Landing on the Menominee River. Enjoy success on the great waters off Marinette.