Visit Sheboygan Visitors Center
Sheboygan, WI 53081
Known as “the spirit on the lake,” the City of Sheboygan rests on the Lake Michigan shores about halfway along the state’s eastern seaboard on Interstate 43. Sheboygan is just 55 miles north of Milwaukee, 60 miles south of Green Bay, 110 miles northeast of Madison, 140 miles north of Chicago and 340 miles from Minneapolis.
In Sheboygan, we know Lake Michigan is really an inland sea, and we know what to do with it! Also known as the “Malibu of the Midwest,” Sheboygan is a favorite spot for stand-up paddleboarders, surfers, kite surfers, windsurfers, sailors and kayakers, who enjoy the thrill of exploring both river and lake. We’ve got the fish, too! With more than 25 charter fishing boats in the Sheboygan harbor, this isn’t your average fishing hole.
A stone’s throw from beautiful beaches begins the fun on land. Saunter through the Riverfront shanty shops or stroll the South Pier restaurants and boutiques. Take up a game of mini golf or rent a bike and coast through downtown Sheboygan.
- Kayak or paddle the Sheboygan River.
- Catch a wave with your board on Lake Michigan.
- Charter a boat and catch a salmon (or two or three).
- View world class sailing from the shore or water.
- Spend a day at the beach
- Hike the trails at Maywood Environmental Park.
- Check out the reknowned bathrooms at the John Michael Kohler Arts Center.
- See a show at the historic Weill Center for the Performing Arts.
- Camp at Kohler-Andrae State Park.
- Eat a world famous brat on a local hard roll