Door County Visitor Bureau
1015 Green Bay Rd
Sturgeon Bay, WI 54235
Door County’s picturesque landscape is a perfect place to explore by land or water. With 5 state parks, 11 lighthouses, 10 county parks, and 53 public beaches, outdoor activities are endless. Many companies offer tours to give visitors a unique chance to explore Door County’s beauty.
A truly artistic and cultural community, Door County boasts over 100 art galleries, museums, and performing arts venues. Visitors can also sample a number of culinary delights and wineries. Door County is easily reachable by car and within a 3-6 hour drive of places like Chicago, Minneapolis/Saint Paul, Milwaukee and Madison. Arriving by boat is accessible with a number of public marinas that offer transient slips and a variety of amenities for boats of all sizes.
Leave the stress behind and relax in the simple tranquility that Door County offers. A great weekend getaway or a perfect week long stay. Whatever the season, Door County has a number of activities for all.
- Explore the 300 miles of shoreline on a boat tour.
- View one of 11 lighthouses that are located across the peninsula.
- Dive and explore some of the 275 shipwrecks. Ride the ferry to explore Washington Island.
- Go high above the water on a para-sailing adventure
- Hike or bike one of 5 state parks located in the county.
- Follow the Door County wine trail to visit 8 unique wineries.
- Pick fresh cherries in the summer or fresh apples in the fall.
- Drive along the Door County Coastal Byway.
- Golf at one of the 11 Door County golf courses.