Lighthouses & Light Stations

Wisconsin’s Great Lakes have long been highways of commerce, connecting harbor towns to other cities with the 1885 opening of the locks at Sault Ste. Marie, and to the world via the St. Lawrence Seaway in 1959. Transforming the people and landscape for more than 180 years, these lights have guided ships on all of the Great Lakes. Wisconsin’s coasts are home to over 50 lighthouses and stations with more than 30 of these historic structures still functioning and open to the public.

Superior South Breakwater
Superior

La Pointe

Chequamegon Point
Washburn

Ashland Breakwater
Ashland

Green Bay Harbor Entrance
Green Bay

Pottawatomie Rock Island
Rock Island State Park

Chambers Island
Chambers Island

Pilot Island
Door County

Eagle Bluff
Door County

Cana Island
Door County

Sturgeon Bay Ship Canal North Pierhead
Sturgeon Bay

Sherwood Point
Door County

Plum Island Range Lights
Plum Island

Sturgeon Bay Canal Station
Sturgeon Bay

Algoma Pierhead
Algoma

Kewaunee Pierhead
Kewaunee

Two Rivers Pierhead
Two Rivers

Rawley Point Lighthouse
Two Rivers

Manitowoc Breakwater Lighthouse
Manitowoc

Sheboygan Breakwater Lighthouse
Sheboygan

Port Washington Breakwater Lighthouse
Port Washington

Port Washington Light
Port Washington

North Point Lighthouse
Milkwaukee

Milwaukee Pierhead
Milkwaukee

Milwaukee Breakwater
Milkwaukee

Wind Point Lighthouse
Racine

Southport Lighthouse
Kenosha

Kenosha North Pier Lighthouse
Kenosha

1 + 3 =